A Colonial Security Force is the primary law enforcement on a Terran Federation colony. As well as organic personnel, some security forces employ combat robots to assist them in high hazardous situations.
- Enforcement: Uniformed officers who patrol the settlements of the colony, discipline minor infractions, resolve disputes, and respond to emergencies.
- Investigation: Detectives who gather intelligence on cases.
- Customs: Officers who screen the passengers and cargo that pass through the colonies ports, confiscate contraband, and arrest smugglers.
- Network: Technicians who deal with "cybercrimes", such as identity theft, copyright theft, hacking, viral attacks, and illegal AI research.
- Special Response: Officers who deal with hostage situations, bombs, and heavily armed criminals. In the event a colony is attacked, they are the front line of interior defense, armed with military-grade weaponry.
- Patrol: officers who man small patrol vessels in orbit above the colony.